Currently, I am a Ph.D.
student candidate at Biomedical Information Processing Lab, École de Technologie Supérieure (ETS), supervised by Prof. Rita Noumier. I am also a Research Fellow at Research Center of the Sainte-Justine Hospital (CHU Sainte-Justine), advised by Prof. Philippe Jouvet.
From October 2016 to June 2018, I was a Research Assistant at NECPHY-LAB, Institut national de la recherche scientifique (INRS), supvervised by Prof. Long Le where I started to learn the contemporary trend of science - Machine Learning. From 2013-2015, I was under supervision of Prof. Kim Ho Min, Department of Electrical Engineering, Jeju National University.
Bayesian inference and regularization for model uncertainty
Generative probabilistic models with deep learning
Doctoral Research Scholarship, FRQNT (2nd rank), Canada (2019-2022)
Doctoral Research Fellowship, IVADO & NSERC, Canada (2018-2019)
PERSWADE Fellowship, NSERC-CREATE, Canada (2017 - 2018)
Research Fellowship, INRS-EMT, Canada (2016-2018)
BrainKorea21Plus Research Fellowship, NRF, S. Korea (2013 - 2015)
Excellent Graduate Award, Can Tho University, Vietnam (2010)
Sunflower Engineering & Technology Senior Project Sponsorship, Sunflower Mission, Vietnam (2010)
Holcim Companion to Campus Scholarship, Holcim Vietnam Limited, Vietnam (2009)
VN–HELP Scholarship, Vietnam Health, Education & Literature Projects, Vietnam (2008)
Academic Excellent Awards, Can Tho University, Vietnam (2007-2010)
- Jan, 2020 Our paper working on Variational Bayesian Neural Network was accepted by IEEE Trans. Appl. Supercond. for publication.
- Nov, 2019 Passed the Doctoral Qualifying Oral Examination.
- Jul, 2019 Nominated as IEEEDay 2019 Ambassador for Montreal Section.
- Apr, 2019 Won FRQNT Doctoral Research Fellowship 2019-2020.
- Apr, 2019 Won SARA 2019 Award.
- Oct, 2018 Member of Réseau en Santé Respiratoire du Québec (RSR-QC).
- Sep, 2018 Started as a research fellow at CHU Sainte-Justine Research Center.
- Jul, 2018 Started as a Ph.D research assistant at Biomedical Information Processing Lab.